Taken from Authentic Fasting from James MacDonald and Walk In The Word Ministries (www.walkintheword.com)
When should we fast? Turn to Isaiah 58 and look at it verse-by-verse for the answers.
1. When caught in a sinful pattern. “Is this not the fast that I choose: to loose the bonds of wickedness . . .” When I can’t seem to break out of a sinful pattern, I should fast (Isaiah 58:6).
2. When there is a heavy burden. “To undo the straps of the yoke, to let the oppressed go free, to break every yoke” (Isaiah 58:6).
3. When oppressed by the enemy. “ . . . to let the oppressed go free” (Isaiah 58:6).
4. When we want to give to someone else. “Is the fast not to share your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless into your house?” (Isaiah 58:7).
5. When we need to be encouraged. “Then shall your light break forth like the dawn. Your healing shall spring forth speedily and righteousness shall go before you. . . ” (Isaiah 58:8).
6. When an answer to prayer is needed. “Then you should call, and the LORD will answer; you shall cry . . . and He will say: Here I am . . .” (Isaiah 58:9).
7. When we need to examine ourselves. “If you take away the yoke from your midst, the pointing finger and the spreading wickedness . . .” (Isaiah 58:9).
8. When we need direction. “And the LORD will guide you continually. . .” (Isaiah 58:11).
9. When we need spiritual restoration. “. . . And He will make your bones strong. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring of water whose waters do not fail” (Isaiah 58:11).
10. When we need revival. “And your ancient ruins will be rebuilt; you shall raise up the foundations of many generations . . .” (Isaiah 58:12).
Tinggalkan sebuah Komentar so far